Saturday, August 25, 2012

grown-ups don't shit on toilet seats, do they?

The toilets in my workplace are only accessible to people who have access to a secure building with specific access to each floor.

Having said this, I believe that homeless people and zoo animals have been breaking in and smearing faeces everywhere in fits of rage. It's the only explanation. Nobody who went to university, grew up in a stable human environment and manages to get a corporate job could possible leave a toilet in the state I witness on a daily basis.

Every day there is shit on seats, pools of urine on the floor and unidentifiable smears on various surfaces.

I suspect there have also been children with puppies in there, fighting over rolls of toilet paper.

It's enough to make me hold on until I get home.

2 comments:

Di Keeffe said...

It is indeed a sad state of affairs James. It makes me shake my head in disbelief too, when I see evidence in workplaces of what you have just described. And what saddens me more: it's the same in all work places. Yep - it's not confined to yours. It begs the question: why? Why are people so unhappy in their workplace that they have to revolt in such a manner to be noticed, albeit incognito? It's almost a cowardly approach - leave revolting evidence of unhappiness in secret, behind closed toilet doors yet they could be quite open about their workplace frustrations by just talking to people who might be able to do something about it.
But maybe I'm assuming workplace unhappiness. Maybe it's actually a strange personality disorder that I dont know the name of....

Unknown said...

Sadly, I have seen cleaner public toilets lately. I really can't begin to understand. When I worked at Telstra years ago they had a campaign running to try and fix this problem. They had signs up everywhere and even ILLUSTRATED instructions on how to use the facilities, including washing hands.